A bit about me
I'm a Full-Stack Engineer and I like to build cool shit. As you can see with the below timeline, I like to build and ship 🚢 products often, as working on new and interesting problems energizes me.
In the mornings, I like a nice single-origin Chemex pour-over whilst listening to Up First and The Daily (jeez that was even obnoxious to write... 🤷♂️ oh well). In the afternoons, I like to go for a run, listening to The Indicator, Planet Money, and/or My First Million.
In my free time, you can find me grinding on the VALORANT or League of Legends ladders. I'm currently comfortably mid-Gold MMR in both. If I'm not feeling up to playing games, chances are I'm hacking on a side project of some sort — either learning new tech or attempting to build a cash-flow positive side hustle.
Occasionally, I will play around and customize my mechanical keyboard. My current specs are: IDOBAO ID80, Durock stabs, 62g Tangerine switches, and Infinikey Cafe keycaps.
Here's the stack that I like to work with:
- Frontend: React, Nextjs (hosted on Vercel), theme-ui/styled-system/styled-components, TailwindCSS
- Backend: Golang, Postgres, cloud stuff (mainly AWS products)
Here's a timeline of notable things (work, projects, school):
- May 2021: Update my personal site again! 🔥
- April 2021: Ship 🚢 Meld.so using Bedrock and TailwindCSS working 2 weeks worth of nights and weekend.
- Dec 2020: Begin working on some new juicy projects at work 🙊
- Oct 2020: Ship 🚢 some fun side projects, like hydrohomie.xyz, domainh.ax, resumdx.com, lofi.vote
- Sept 2020: Ship 🚢 Kanga.gg, the content hub for creators and their fans, as a website
- May 2020: Ship 🚢 Operator.gg, a TV guide for VALORANT streams, on the day that VALORANT went into closed beta
- April 2020: Find ▲Vercel and Next.js and immediately fall in love with the ecosystem. Also find theme-ui and get elated that there's a theme-able styled-system-based CSS-in-JS UI library.
- Feb 2020: NYC 🛫 Seattle. My lease just ended and COVID was on the verge of getting bad. I wanted to fly back to Seattle where I felt more at home.
- Aug 2019: Ship 🚢 the second Kanga product! Kanga 2 (obviously) was a New Tab Chrome extension that aggregated content from your favorite content creators and put it in 1 place!
- May 2019: Ship 🚢 the first Kanga product! A Honey-like Chrome Extension that was a TV Guide for League of Legends streams — the first of its kind!
- Feb 2019: Join kanga.gg as a cofounder and engineer out in NYC 🗽 with some friends! Kanga's mission is to bring content creators and their fans closer together.
- Oct 2018: Attend the YC Hackathon and ship 🚢 a learn-to-code via video game examples platform in 36 hours (and later get DMCA'd by a Fortnite/Epic Games lawyer lol)
- Sept 2018: Start working full-time as a New Grad Software Engineer at Redfin working on the Mortgage team 🏠 💰
- August 2018: Ship 🚢 Noni, and talk to 50 restaurant managers / owners in a week to see if any restaurants want to be customers. Land 1 customer.
- June 2018: Begin on a 9-week adventure 🛫 to Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand. During this trip, I enjoyed vacation and lived as a digital nomad building noni.menu
- June 2018: Graduate from UW with a Bachelors of Science in Informatics. The iSchool is my school! My Senior Capstone project also won the Research Award 🤓
- April 2018: 🗣️ Give my first dev talk about a Slack-like React emoji picker using
- Mar 2018: Begin a quick internship for Strix Leviathan, a cryto hedge fund
- Feb 2018: 🍜 Begin hacking on a 3D/AR food menu app called noni.menu with some friends across the US
- Feb 2018: Ship 🚢 meme.dating 💞 😂 a dating app where you match with people based off of meme preference.
- Jan 2018: Begin working on my Senior Capstone project, collaborating on misinformation / disinformation research with Snopes 🔦
- Mar 2017: Begin a 6-month internship at Curalate
- June 2016: Begin my first internship at Smartsheet. Fun Fact: I got the job because I asked about internships in a Customer Support Ticket!
- April 2016: Begin working on Climb, my first real collaborate size project. We attempted to analyze (and mostly solved) professional League of Legends matches programmatically.
- Oct 2015: Attend DUBHACKS, my first hackathon, and fell in love with building and the tech industry.